International Human Solidarity Day | United Nations. As per the United Nations:
20 December is International Human Solidarity Day celebrated by the United Nations.
International Human Solidarity Day is:
· a day to celebrate our unity in diversity;
· a day to remind governments to respect their commitments to international agreements;
· a day to raise public awareness of the importance of solidarity;
· a day to encourage debate on the ways to promote solidarity for the achievement of the
Sustainable Development Goals including poverty eradication;
· a day of action to encourage new initiatives for poverty eradication.
Sharing guiding questions to reflect upon for this important day?
As career services professionals how often and pro-actively do we engage with people from different diversities and ethnicities in our own context nationally and globally?
Solidarity is much needed in the current pandemic what collective measures have we taken to ensure and sustain solidarity initiatives in our region?
How often do we initiate dialogues and career conversations to promote unity for the achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals- No Poverty- Goal 1
As careers professionals how are we contributing for poverty eradication in our city and country? Will love to learn from best practices from our career professionals from around the globe.