Mr. Raza Abbas, Pakistan
UN World Creativity & Innovation Day - 21 April SDGs/Global Goals 9 & 11
April 21 is celebrated as World Creativity & Innovation Day by United Nations-
Sharing some guiding questions to start a career conversation on creativity & innovation.
1) In the career services sector how often do we engage in creativity and innovation in our counseling & guidance practice and research to optimize impact?
2) What were some of the creative and innovative ways we proactively reached out to inclusive people in our respective communities during the covid pandemic?
3) How frequently do we integrate creativity and innovation in inclusive career counseling and career guidance curriculum/ training programs for educational institutes and society at large?
4) Let’s pause for a second…which are some of the leading career practitioners, career scholars, and career influencers in our career professions in our respective countries/regions that ignite creativity and innovation?
5) As per the United Nations some possible career pathways that integrate the creativity economy includes audiovisual products, design, new media, performing arts, publishing, and visual arts– which is a highly transformative sector of the world economy in terms of income generation, job creation and export earnings.
The United Nations in its advocacy blog states ‘On #WCID, the world is invited to embrace the idea that innovation is essential for harnessing the economic potential of nations. Innovation, creativity, and mass entrepreneurship can provide new momentum for economic growth and job creation. It can expand opportunities for everyone, including women and youth. It can provide solutions to some of the most pressing problems such as poverty eradication and the elimination of hunger.
The UN emphasizes that today, ‘the creative industries are among the most dynamic sectors in the world economy providing new opportunities for developing countries to leapfrog into emerging high-growth areas of the world economy’.
Let’s continue to collectively advocate the careers advocacy movement for a UN Careers & Livelihood Day as it is promoting new perspectives for co-existence.
#UNWorldCreativityandInnovationDay #WorldCreativityandInnovationDay #CareerandLivelihoodDay #UNSustainableDevelopmentGoals #IndustryInnovationandInfrastructure #SustainableCitiesandCommunities